STAGE TWO - PRINTS OF DARKNESS

link to stage one: http://printprocessesandoutputs.tumblr.com/

Sunday 13 March 2011

Evaluation

This stage of the print processes module has not been easy. It has taught me a lot about planning and the capabilities of the college's equipment. The main issue was with the laser cutter. It had trouble cutting my chosen wood on two occasions, which due to the busy nature of the laser booking caused large delays to the rest of the project and having to go for my 2nd choice wood.

I am happy with the final table, but feel some aspects have suffered due to not enough time being spent in the printing room. I was very pleased with the rough printed affect created on the top and ends and would liked to have done the same to the front and back.

I really like the table itself and its design potential. I'm happy with how it went together and the overall quality.


The top




The final table with props. Photoshop'ed slightly to make it appear darker.


No comments:

Post a Comment