STAGE TWO - PRINTS OF DARKNESS

link to stage one: http://printprocessesandoutputs.tumblr.com/

Friday 11 March 2011

Mind map and mood board

The first thing I did after receiving the brief for stage two was to head down the pub with other designers in my class to explore the darkness theme. This was done in the form of a A2 mind map. Having more then one input made getting away from the more obviously darkness themes such as 'Gothic' and 'horror' a lot easier.




From the above mindmap I took the words that interested me and turned them into the below mood board. I didn't want to add too much structure at this stage, instead allowed the ideas to be more free flowing.

The mood board includes:
War (Vietnam, WW1/2, etc) Film (Death Proof, Clockwork Orange, American Psycho, The Road, Planet Terror), television (True Blood), Illustrations (Ahn Na Lim, "My Sweet Mr Nightmare", cdskcdjschskjcskjv) Furniture (Jethro Macey Cutaway stool, zaishu seat, Wooden desk)




No comments:

Post a Comment